Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Brownie Delight

 I was making lunch for a church event this week.
 I needed a dessert.
If you know me at all...desserts should almost always involve chocolate.

So I checked out my Pinterest board ("Sweet Treats") and remembered this recipe.

Just what I wanted. I mean, just what I hoped to make.

It takes a little time (mainly due to cooking the brownies) but otherwise is fairly easy.

And yummy.

Perfect for a summer day.

I followed most of the recipe. My main changes involved using lighter ingredients when possible.  And I used one family size brownie mix rather than two boxes as the original recipe suggested. Otherwise, I followed it to a T. :)

Ingredients:
1 family size brownie mix for a 13 x 9 pan (I used dark chocolate because I like dark chocolate)

Oil, water, and eggs for brownie mix (follow directions on the package)

8 oz. package cream cheese, softened (I think I used light but I am not positive...I usually do)

1 cup powdered sugar

2 containers whipped topping (I did use light)

3 oz. package instant chocolate pudding

3 oz. package instant vanilla pudding

3 1/2 cup milk (we only have 1% milk here, it works)

Hershey bar or chocolate syrup (I used a Hershey bar)

Directions:
 Mix and bake brownie mix according to package directions in a 13 x 9 greased pan/dish.

Let the brownies cool.

Mix together softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1 container of whipped topping.  Spread over the cooled brownies.

Mix together both pudding mixes with milk.  Give it a few minutes to thicken.  Layer on top of cream cheese mixture.

Spread the second container of Cool Whip on top.

Top with grated or curled Hershey's bar or the syrup.

Refrigerate until ready to eat.

Enjoy.  Each and every bite.

Yum.

Reba


No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)