Saturday, June 16, 2012

Oreo Layer Dessert


The other day my hubby had a birthday. I won't say which one but I will say that it was a milestone one. :)

His very favorite dessert is chocolate pound cake, with chocolate pie as a close second.

But we were heading about an hour away to visit some friends at the lake.

I wasn't so sure that either of those would hold up well on the very curvy drive.

So I decided to try something new.

Like an Oreo Layer Dessert.

Yes, I found the link on Facebook.

If you go to the original site (see link above), then you will see a much prettier picture.

Anywho...

Here is the recipe.

Ingredients:
One package of Oreos, crushed (either via a food processor which I don't have or a good old ziplock and a rolling pin and lots of arm exercise)

1/2 cup butter, melted

1 large package of chocolate pudding (instant), made up according to directions on the package

2 containers of Cool Whip (I used light...every little bit helps, right?)

1 box cream cheese (I used light. I think next time I would use the whipped...)

1 cup powdered sugar

Directions:
Remove 1/2 cup Oreo crumbs to reserve for the top of the dessert.

Pour all of the other Oreo crumbs into the bottom of a 13x9 pan.  I didn't spray first, but I think in the future I would.

Pour melted butter over the Oreo crumbs.  Press down to form a "crust".  I used an inverted ziplock bag with my hand inside to keep the crumbs from sticking to my fingers.

Blend cream cheese until nice and smooth (which is where I think the whipped would come in handy).  Add in powdered sugar.  Mix.  Then fold in ONE container of cool whip.

Place cream cheese mixture on top of Oreo crust.  Spread.

Spread on the chocolate pudding as the next layer.

Top with the second container of Cool Whip.

Sprinkle reserved Oreo crumbs on top.

Refrigerate until ready to serve.

It was good stuff.

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)