Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pizza Grilled Cheese

I saw a recipe on Pinterest the other day that just sounded really good to me. So over the weekend, I knew I had all of the necessary ingredients...I also knew I just had to try it. And I did. I loved it. In fact, I had another one for lunch today. The only problem is that I would really rather eat like two or three, not one. But for calorie sake, I have to stick with one.

Pizza Grilled Cheese.

It sounds so simple. In fact, I keep thinking, "Why didn't I think of that?"

I mean, I like grilled cheese. I like pizza. Why wouldn't it occur to me to combine the two?

Anywho, here is the recipe (link above to the original). As usual, I made some adjustments, mainly due to the whole counting calories thing which is not nearly as fun as not counting calories...

Pizza Grilled Cheese

Ingredients:
bread (I just use 2...only one sandwich for me. :()

Italian seasoning or basil

Mozzarella cheese or Provolone

Parmesan cheese (optional)

Pepperoni

Butter

Pizza sauce for dipping

Directions:
Butter one side of each piece of bread (like you would for grilled cheese). I have been using the Brummel and Brown Yogurt Spread and LOVE it; it is lower cal than regular butter.

Layer Mozzarella cheese or Provolone which may actually melt better (I had to limit this for calorie sake...I would have preferred to use more), a sprinkle of Italian seasoning, pepperoni (however many you want), the Parmesan, and additional Mozzarella or Provolone if desired. Top with second piece of bread (butter side up). Cook in a skillet over medium heat, flipping partway through until both sides are brown.

Use pizza sauce for dipping.

I can just imagine how yummy the original recipe is since I was pretty excited about the lower calorie version I used.

Hmmm, suddenly I have a pepperoni craving.

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)