Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Garlicky Baked Shrimp

Yes, this is another Pinterest recipe.

As soon as I saw the picture and read the ingredients (garlic and shrimp and butter...yum!), I thought, "I need to make this." I knew going into it that it would likely just be hubby and I eating it but I was okay with that. Once in a while, that doesn't hurt. (I served side dishes I knew the kids would eat)

I had planned on making this on Thursday but when I looked at the schedule of events, tonight was the perfect night. And it was.

Here is the original recipe. I really didn't change much about it...no need to!

Ingredients:
1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 cloves of garlic, minced (I am not a good mincer...mine was probably a step up from minced :)
2 tbsp white wine (I just used white cooking wine)
salt and pepper to taste (I used freshly ground sea salt and ground peppercorn)
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs (I used plain. This was my first time to use Panko...OH YUM!)
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped (I just used scissors and cut off a fair amount...didn't really measure) I also threw in a little cilantro but it wasn't fresh
half a lemon-optional (I just sprinkled with lemon juice)

Note:  I didn't use white cooking wine recently due to some diet changes in the family. Instead I substituted brown rice vinegar.  We REALLY liked it.

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425.

In a bowl, combine the shrimp, white wine, and the garlic. Pour into a baking dish. (Okay, I confess, I combined all this into one step. After peeling the shrimp, I spread them straight onto a 9 x 12 glass baking dish, then I poured the wine and garlic over the top. Next time I will use a slightly smaller dish. I also added a bit more of the cooking wine.)

Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

In another bowl, mix the butter, Panko crumbs, and parsley. Spoon evenly over the top of the shrimp.

I wasn't sure where to add the lemon juice...I just sprinkled a little bit on before sticking the dish in the oven.

Bake 15-18 minutes until the shrimp is pink/opaque.

It reminds me a lot of shrimp scampi.

So yummy.

Hubby said he wanted a little sauce, but I wasn't sure what kind of sauce...maybe more butter?

I served this over angel hair pasta and topped it with some Parmesan. The kids LOVED the angel hair pasta. I also served an Italian herb bread and a salad.

Personally, I could have eaten the whole thing myself.

I won't make it often just because of the kids, but this WILL be on my table again.

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)