Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Chicken Crescent Pockets

It is not the fanciest meal in the world. Nor a BIG meal by any means. But it is easy to make, cheap to shop for, and all but one of my kids will eat it. So it is a good meal for when Dad is out of town. It feeds us all and doesn't take much time. :) Plus, I really like them. I could eat the whole pan...

This recipe came via our family cookbook (on my mom's side) from my cousin and his wife who live up north.

Are you ready? This really is easy.

Chicken Crescent Pockets (my children call them Hot Pockets)

Ingredients:
1 can chicken breast (found by the tuna which can also be used)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I use the light)
2 Tbsp Ranch dressing (again, I use light)
1 can of crescent rolls (light again)

Directions:
Mix the chicken breast, cheddar cheese, and Ranch dressing in a bowl.

Unroll crescent rolls and pinch seams together to form rectangles rather than triangles. Cut each rectangle in half (there should be eight all together) to make squares. Drop a spoonful of the chicken mixture in the middle of each square. Pull the corners in, pinching any seams, to form a "pocket" with the chicken inside. Place on a baking sheet and poke the tops of the rolls.

Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.

Yes, that is it unless you want to add celery, onions, olives, etc. We just eat it as is.. Yum!

Reba


1 comment:

  1. I made these tonight...so yummy!! We only had a little bit of cheddar cheese, so I combined it with some mozzarella. Love these! Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Food for Thought (Comments)