Saturday, March 5, 2011

Katie Bread

I call this Katie bread because the person who gave me the recipe is named Katie. :) We all call it that at school. I honestly don't know the real name. We just know if we have any kind of potluck, we will get the pleasure of Katie bread. And if you don't hurry up and get it first thing in the morning, it will be gone by 10.

I like to make it on occasion at home, though only one other person in the family will eat it (that would be Joshua). Well, Maria will occasionally. So I have started making "half and half". Half with cheese and half without.

Here is how you make it:
Katie Bread

Take one loaf of French bread. This time I used wheat French bread. So the picture is not nearly as pretty as it could be. The regular French bread is prettier...just not as healthy. :)

Split the French bread in half (as in on the "side").

Melt butter (I used a stick and it was more than enough) to spread over the bread.

Mix together mayonnaise and Pepperjack cheese (I use the bag of already shredded pepperjack). I don't have exact measurements...I just mix some and if it isn't enough, I mix more.

Then spread it on top of the bread.

Unless you live in my family.

Then you spread it on half the bread, and just leave butter on the other half.

Then bake at 275 degrees for 25 minutes (give or take).

Unfortunately, since I was making fingerling potatoes at the same time, I had it in a warmer oven, so this bread got darker than it should have. It sure was good though. I just wish I had better pics.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I tried this last night. What a big hit! I only used half of the bread for us because I wasn't sure how the girls would like it. I had to make Chris 'step away from the cheesy bread!' We loved it! Thanks! Megan

    ReplyDelete

Food for Thought (Comments)