Thursday, March 3, 2011

Fall Pork Tenderloin

I just really started using my crockpot in the last two years. Now I wonder how I survived without it. Well, at least made dinner without it. I probably would survive.

Anyway, I think I got this recipe last year from a co-worker. "A" gives me good recipes. :) This is easy and yummy, my favorite combination.

My first essential for this recipe is the Reynold's Crock Pot Liner. I am not in any way getting kickbacks from Reynold's. I just love those bags. I am more likely to use my crockpot because of these.

Take a 2 pound pork tenderloin and place it in the crockpot.

Pour 1 can of cranberry sauce and 3 cups of apple juice (I use the 100 percent juice kind). Sprinkle 3/4 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of black pepper over the tenderloin.

Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Yes, that is it.

I ran home during my activity period (mid day) to throw it all in the crockpot and get it cooking. By the time I got home, our whole house smelled like fall pork tenderloin. And my stomach started growling.

The only way to describe it is a perfect combination of salty and sweet. Yum.

Thanks to "A" for the recipe.

Here is a picture of the pork still in the crockpot. I just pull it out of the juices when we are ready to eat it.

Tonight's side dishes included fingerling potatoes, cheesy bread, and black-eyed peas. I will be sharing a couple of those other recipes
Did I mention that I am not a professional food photographer?

More soon!
Happy cooking!
Reba
Postnote: Just started counting calories this past month. This dish is one of the lower calorie meals I make! I think I may be making it even more often...

1 comment:

  1. This is in my slow cooker right now! Thank you for starting this blog! Our food routine gets so boring after a while. It has been really nice trying out new things. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Food for Thought (Comments)